Trams in Gawler
|Type of thing|| Business
[research Robert Haysom] "On 1st January 1864, two omnibuses commenced running between Gawler and the Railway Station: the old "Celerity" belonging to Mr E. Clement, and a new one owned by the new contractor for the delivery of the mail. On 1879 February 4th: the first car run on the Gawler tramway. Traffic commenced on February 17; 300 passengers in the first week."
Click here to view photos and articles about the Gawler Tramway.
Click here to read Gawler Machinery Restorers' Club Newsletter realting to Trams in Gawler.