|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||c. 1825|
|Place of birth||England|
|Date of arrival||1854|
|Principal occupation||Builder 'Deland and Tardif'|
|Date of death||1901|
|Place of decease||Norwood, SA|
William Tardif, a 27 year old English carpenter, arrived in South Australia in 1854 aboard the ship 'Pestonjee Bomanjee', with his wife Mary (nee Le Sauvage). The couple's infant son, William, died and was buried at sea two days before their arrival.
William Tardif went on to become a partner in 'Deland and Tardif', prominent Gawler builders, responsible for numerous public buildings, including the Gawler Institute.
William retired to Norwood in later life, but upon his death in 1901, his body was returned to Gawler to be buried at St George's Cemetery with two of his sons who had died in childhood (B32). His name is not marked on the gravestone. Wife Mary was also buried with them at St George's upon her death in 1910 (B33).