Tape W.T. - Willaston Blacksmith
|Type of person|| Individual
Mr. W.T. Tape Blacksmith and Wheelwright Shop
Mr. W.H. Tape had a blacksmith’s shop on the north east side of the Victoria Hotel (now the Willaston Hotel). He closed his business around 1937 and the shop was demolished in the 1940s to make way for tennis courts to be built. This area is now used as a car park for the hotel.
Mr. Tape entered his stump jump cultivator in the Royal Adelaide Show of 1913. He was awarded first prize and a bronze medal for his entry.
Pictures of the Tape Plough were on postcards and formed part of his advertising campaign. On the back of the postcard was a list of prices delivered to Gawler Station.