Quarton Wehr & Starling Ltd
|Type of organisation:|| Business
Edwin Herbert Quarton, Albert Baden Powell Wehr and Frank Starling formed a partnership in 1924. They formed Quarton, Wehr and Starling; the GMH Dealership in Murray Street, Gawler.
Quarton, Wehr and Starling commenced at the back of Gilbert’s Garage; subsequently known as Langbein’s Garage and now the SE corner of the Coles Northern Market complex. Later they bought from Mr Frank Taylor the 48 Murray Street block opposite Gawler’s Ozone Theatre. For many years they were the local RAA contractor.
Click here to view photographs of Quarton, Wehr and Starling.