Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Why not contact one of our Gawler History Team Executive for advice? Click here to Contact Us
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 Even more Gawler historical images
- 3 Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
- 4 ***Next Meeting***
- 5 “SHOW and TELL”
- 6 Just published. A great gift idea!
- 7 Events
- 8 Look what's on our wiki!
- 9 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 10 What's new on Now & Then
- 11 Barossa Herald headlines
- 12 SA Community History News
- 13 Most popular articles
- 14 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 15 Visit other Now and Then
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Even more Gawler historical images
Also join us on Flickr to view our vast collection of historical images.
Click here to view our Flickr albums.
There are many albums that are still awaiting an appropriate article to compliment the photographs within. We would love your contribution, please email any article to mailto:email@example.com or chat with us at the next meeting - see below.
Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn how the Gawler History Team started and of its subsequent development please click here
Thursday 6 th December
7.15pm - Zion Lutheran Hall
[rear of 22b Cowan Street, Gawler]
“SHOW and TELL”
BRING ALONG THAT SPECIAL OR
UNIQUE ITEM OF INTEREST YOU HAVE,
TO SHOW TO ALL, and;
GIVE A BRIEF EXPLANATION AS TO HOW
YOU ACQUIRED IT. A FUN NIGHT.
BEST PRESENTATION WINS A PRIZE.
NURIHANNAM WINES TO TASTE
AND ENJOY COMPLIMENTARY PIZZAS.
You are invited to reserve your seat
by emailing email@example.com or by ringing 0412 015 990
Click here to see our list of future guest speakers.
If you missed a previous Guest Speaker you can view many of them here on YouTube.
Just published. A great gift idea!
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Can you go through your Gawler photos and send them to us please?
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Memories of Gawler 1949-1958 by John H Chambers
- Miss Nott's School
- Nott Florence
- Gawler's Grand Houses
- Sixteenth Street 6 Sunny Brae
- Hards Family
- Laycock Richard
- Marsh Harrold and Muriel
- McLeods Daughters TV Series
- Senbergs Elmars and Vallija (Volly)
Barossa Herald headlines
- Twilight market returns
- Barossa family winery eyes off international markets
- South Para Reservoir history retained | PHOTOS
SA Community History News
- National Grant Funds for South Australian History
- Barbara Rowney: A Passion for Textiles
- Tour of Queen Adelaide Room - Adelaide Town Hall
Most popular articles
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (34,473 views)
- Year Books from Gawler High (31,523 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (21,935 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (18,798 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (18,100 views)
- How to use this wiki site (17,801 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (14,737 views)
- Cinemas of Gawler (12,816 views)
- Kemp Dudley (11,931 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (11,812 views)