Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Why not contact one of our Gawler History Team Executive for advice? Click here to Contact Us
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 Even more Gawler historical images
- 3 Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
- 4 Just published. A great gift idea!
- 5 Events
- 6 Look what's on our wiki!
- 7 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 8 What's new on Now & Then
- 9 Barossa Herald headlines
- 10 SA Community History News
- 11 Most popular articles
- 12 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 13 Visit other Now and Then
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Even more Gawler historical images
Also join us on Flickr to view our vast collection of historical images.
Click here to view our Flickr albums.
There are many albums that are still awaiting an appropriate article to compliment the photographs within. We would love your contribution, please email any article to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us at the next meeting - see below.
Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information mailto:email@example.com
To learn how the Gawler History Team started and of its subsequent development please click here
Click here to see our list of future guest speakers.
If you missed a previous Guest Speaker you can view many of them here on YouTube.
Just published. A great gift idea!
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Can you go through your Gawler photos and send them to us please?
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Memories of Gawler 1949-1958 by John H Chambers
- Miss Nott's School
- Nott Florence
- Gawler's Grand Houses
- Sixteenth Street 6 Sunny Brae
- Hards Family
- Laycock Richard
- Marsh Harrold and Muriel
- McLeods Daughters TV Series
- Senbergs Elmars and Vallija (Volly)
Barossa Herald headlines
- Volunteer screen fees abolished
- Road to Remembrance
- The Australian Financial Review Women of Influence 2018 category winners revealed
SA Community History News
- National Grant Funds for South Australian History
- Barbara Rowney: A Passion for Textiles
- Tour of Queen Adelaide Room - Adelaide Town Hall
Most popular articles
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (34,353 views)
- Year Books from Gawler High (30,960 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (21,818 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (18,715 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (18,016 views)
- How to use this wiki site (17,695 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (14,613 views)
- Cinemas of Gawler (12,588 views)
- Kemp Dudley (11,763 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (11,698 views)