- 1 - WE HAVE MOVED - Please visit https://GAWLERHISTORY.COM for our latest articles.
We acknowledge Darren Peacock’s vision and expertise to create the "Now and Then" history websites from which we have evolved.
- 1.1 Even more Gawler historical images
- 1.2 Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
- 1.3 ***Next Meeting***
- 1.3.1 Thursday 4th July
- 1.3.2 Barry Neylon
- 1.3.3 http://GAWLERHISTORY.COM
- 1.3.4 Click here to read our official disclaimer
- 1.4 Just published. A great gift idea!
- 1.5 Events
- 1.6 Look what's on our wiki!
- 1.7 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 1.8 What's new on Now & Then
- 1.9 Barossa Herald headlines
- 1.10 SA Community History News
- 1.11 Most popular articles
- 1.12 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 1.13 Visit other Now and Then
- WE HAVE MOVED - Please visit https://GAWLERHISTORY.COM for our latest articles. We acknowledge Darren Peacock’s vision and expertise to create the "Now and Then" history websites from which we have evolved.
Even more Gawler historical images
Also join us on Flickr to view our vast collection of historical images.
Click here to view our Flickr albums.
There are many albums that are still awaiting an appropriate article to compliment the photographs within. We would love your contribution, please email any article to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us at the next meeting - see below.
Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information mailto:email@example.com
To learn how the Gawler History Team started and of its subsequent development please click here
What to read the latest in Gawler History? Go to www.gawlerhistory.com and enjoy!
Thursday 4th July
7.15pm - Zion Lutheran Hall
(rear of 22b Cowan Street, Gawler)
The importance of recording
Gawler’s Oral History
For New Details See
You are invited to reserve your seat
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or by ringing 0412 015 990
Click here to see our list of future guest speakers.
If you missed a previous Guest Speaker you can view many of them here on YouTube.
Just published. A great gift idea!
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Can you go through your Gawler photos and send them to us please?
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Tardif William
- Memories of Gawler 1949-1958 by John H Chambers
- Miss Nott's School
- Nott Florence
- Gawler's Grand Houses
- Sixteenth Street 6 Sunny Brae
- Hards Family
- Laycock Richard
- Marsh Harrold and Muriel
- McLeods Daughters TV Series
Barossa Herald headlines
- The gains, the pains: SA Budget 2019
- Regions, farmers not forgotten: SA Budget 2019
- Education transition begins: SA Budget 2019
SA Community History News
- National Grant Funds for South Australian History
- Barbara Rowney: A Passion for Textiles
- Tour of Queen Adelaide Room - Adelaide Town Hall
Most popular articles
- Year Books from Gawler High (36,056 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (35,096 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (22,579 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (19,318 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (18,700 views)
- How to use this wiki site (18,434 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (15,647 views)
- Cinemas of Gawler (14,061 views)
- Kemp Dudley (12,990 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (12,692 views)