Howard Rev C B
|Type of person|| Individual
|Principal occupation|| Reverand Charles Beaumont Howard.Colonial Chaplin. Original landholder.
Rev. C.B. Howard was one of the selected proprietors of the Gawler Special Survey of 1839. When the town was laid out, 100 acres were cut up into 200 half-acre allotments and divested among the proprietors.
Rev. Howard had Lots 134 and 184.
Rev. Howard was the first Colonial Chaplin. He occasionally rode his horse 25 miles from Adelaide's Holy Trinity Church to minister where necessary in the Gawler district.
Please click here for photos of Reverend C.B. Howard.
Flickr Error ( Photo not found ): PhotoID 13987830871