Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Look what's on
In 2014 there will be events acknowledging Gawler's 175 years, please click here to view them.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and share historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Gawler's history. Click here to view many photos of Gawler and surrounds. If you have your own Flickr account you can share your Gawler History photos in our Group. Gawler History Team Group
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information email@example.com
Look what gem we have found!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 828 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and Our Wiki Launch
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Paterson 1839 land allocation
- Moore 1839 land allocation
- Murray - 1839 land allocation
- Sheahan Patricia
- Wilson Leigh
- Church of England 1839 land allocation
- Gawler Baseball Club
- Gawler Child Care Centre
- Eighth Street
- Sixth Street
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-27 Tennis, with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-03-18 Hurn signs on, by Peter Argent
- 2014-03-10 Baseball
Barossa Herald headlines
- Catch up on the baseball from Saturday, October 18 | Photos
- Catch up on the tennis from Saturday, October 18 | Photos
- Catch up on the bowls from Saturday, October 18 | Photos
Bunyip News headlines
Failed to load RSS feed from http://bunyippress.com.au/feeds/news/: Error parsing XML for RSS
SA Community History News
Most popular articles
- Main Page (169,259 views)
- About Now and Then (48,417 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (15,767 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (15,464 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (13,088 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (10,992 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (7,113 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (7,055 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (6,990 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Houses (6,739 views)