Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:email@example.com
Find and share historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Gawler's history. Click here to view the many articles containing photos on Flickr which are yet to be transferred to our gawler.nowandthen website. If you have your own Flickr account you can share your Gawler History photos in our Group. Gawler History Team Group
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Look what gem we have found!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 846 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and
Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Costa Cosie
- Guy Philip and Family
- Rotary Village Fair 2014
- Air Mail Adelaide to Gawler Anniversary
- Daly Street 26
- Rotary Club of Gawler
- Duffield Street 5 - Pine Lodge
- Gawler Croquet Club
- Carleton Caroline
- Skuse Alf
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-27 Tennis, with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-03-18 Hurn signs on, by Peter Argent
- 2014-03-10 Baseball
Barossa Herald headlines
- Anzac Dawn Service at Kapunda | Photos
- Gawler Dawn Service | Photos
- Nuriootpa commemorates 100 years since the first Gallipoli landings | Photos
Bunyip News headlines
Failed to load RSS feed from http://bunyippress.com.au/feeds/news/: Error parsing XML for RSS
SA Community History News
- Women of the River Country
- The Great War at Home
- Once Upon a Time: Stories of South Australian Childhood
Most popular articles
- Main Page (251,567 views)
- About Now and Then (62,513 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (31,547 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (18,716 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (15,079 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (14,690 views)
- How to use this wiki site (12,900 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (9,463 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (8,636 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (8,184 views)