Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Look what's on
In 2014 there will be events acknowledging Gawler's 175 years, please click here to view them.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and share historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Gawler's history. Click here to view many photos of Gawler and surrounds. If you have your own Flickr account you can share your Gawler History photos in our Group. Gawler History Team Group
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information email@example.com
Look what gem we have found!
Thanks to Barry O'Brien for some fabulous photos of birds in the Gawler area. Click here to see all the submissions of bird photographs.
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 719 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and Our Wiki Launch
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Antwis William
- The Wheatsheaf Inn
- Sumsion Charles
- David Street 1 (Gawler Community Retirement Homes)
- Reid John
- King Stephen
- Year Books from Gawler High
- Cameron Street
- Gawler Business Directory 1950
- Swann and Ivett Stripper
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-27 Tennis, with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-03-18 Hurn signs on, by Peter Argent
- 2014-03-10 Baseball
Barossa Herald headlines
- Volunteers re-fence fire affected reserve
- Rotary fosters youth driver awareness
- Young writers blossom
Bunyip News headlines
SA Community History News
- Gallantry exhibition opens at new City Library
- BOB is on the move again
- New Storeroom opened at Axel Stenross Maritime Museum
Most popular articles
- Main Page (121,317 views)
- About Now and Then (29,443 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (12,818 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (10,693 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (10,320 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (7,069 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (6,162 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (5,898 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (5,737 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Houses (5,652 views)