Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Look what's on
In 2014 there will be events acknowledging Gawler's 175 years, please click here to view them.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and share historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Gawler's history. Click here to view many photos of Gawler and surrounds. If you have your own Flickr account you can share your Gawler History photos in our Group. Gawler History Team Group
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information email@example.com
Look what gem we have found!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 846 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing & Ralph Hatcher singing Song of Australia
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Fischer Kevin
- Gordon Jacob
- Frinsdorf Stephen
- Doudney Rev C E
- Duldig J A E
- Kranz F C
- Brereton Linley
- Wurst S L
- Noack Frieda
- Gawler Sketchbooks
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-27 Tennis, with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-03-18 Hurn signs on, by Peter Argent
- 2014-03-10 Baseball
Barossa Herald headlines
- Philip Grace is top of the class
- Nuriootpa High School students get impressive results
- Jade Kirby gets top results for Gawler & District College
Bunyip News headlines
Failed to load RSS feed from http://bunyippress.com.au/feeds/news/: Error parsing XML for RSS
SA Community History News
Most popular articles
- Main Page (202,056 views)
- About Now and Then (54,905 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (21,239 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (16,866 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (13,925 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (12,589 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (7,873 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (7,860 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (7,475 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Houses (7,211 views)