Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
In 2014 there will be events acknowledging Gawler's 175 years, please click here to view them.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and share historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Gawler's history. Click here to view many photos of Gawler and surrounds. If you have your own Flickr account you can share your Gawler History photos in our Group. Gawler History Team Group
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information email@example.com
Look what gem we have found!
Thanks to Barry O'Brien for some fabulous photos of birds in the Gawler area. Click here to see all the submissions of bird photographs.
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last 18 months taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 643 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), Lions Club Gawler Railway Station Involvement, Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and Our Wiki Launch in May 2012
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Abbey - Cowan Street
- Gawler Textile Arts Weekend 2011 - Always the bridesmaid, never the bride
- Cricket in Gawler
- CWA - Country Women's Association
- East Terrace
- East Terrace 21-23
- Eighteenth Street
- Evanston Primary School
- Gawler Central Railway Station
- High Street Gawler
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-03 Baseball
- 2014-03-03 Gawler Tennis with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-02-27 Gawler Races, by Peter Neall, courtesy of Adelaide Galvanising
Barossa Herald headlines
- Kapunda's historic Buhl pump shaft test
- International Women's Day in Gawler
- Learn to cook like a professional chef
Bunyip News headlines
Failed to load RSS feed from http://bunyippress.com.au/feeds/news/: Error parsing XML for RSS
SA Community History News
- Willunga 175 Celebrations Begin
- Vines and Wines at Highercombe Hotel
- Christmas comes early in Hindmarsh
Most popular articles
- Main Page (107,509 views)
- About Now and Then (28,480 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (11,932 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (10,006 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (7,019 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (6,859 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (5,949 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (5,620 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Houses (5,520 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (5,483 views)