Murray Street 98-100 Essex House
|Address:||96-100 Murray Street|
|Town or Locality:||Gawler|
The southern half of this building is the original, built in 1905, with the northern half being added in 1928. Both were designed by architects English and Soward. This store replaced a few small shops. Original features include pressed metal panels, cast iron structural columns and the Flying Fox payment system to a central cashier. Some original leadlight windows remain; others were commissioned by the Mattei family, these being above the doorways. The "external link" below provided valuable reference to previous proprietors of buildings on this site.
Click here to view photos of 98-100 Murray Street.