Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 Even more Gawler historical images
- 3 Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
- 4 Just published. A great gift idea!
- 5 Events
- 6 Look what's on our wiki!
- 7 Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, Gawler Now and Then - Slideshow, St George's Bell Ringing and Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
- 8 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 9 What's new on Now & Then
- 10 Barossa Herald headlines
- 11 SA Community History News
- 12 Most popular articles
- 13 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 14 Visit other Now and Then
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Even more Gawler historical images
Join us ALSO on Flickr to view our vast collection of historical images.
Click here to view our Flickr albums.
There are many albums that are still awaiting an appropriate article to compliment the photographs within. We would love your contribution, please email any article to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us at the next meeting - see below.
Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information mailto:email@example.com
Click here to see our list of future guest speakers.
Just published. A great gift idea!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, Gawler Now and Then - Slideshow, St George's Bell Ringing and
Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Davies Cody
- Murray Street Gawler North
- Memories of Willaston 1944-1955
- Military Involvement in Gawler
- Memories of Gawler 1906
- Gawler Southern Gateway Entrance Statement
- Dundas Street
- Gawler Celebrating 150 years - 1989
- Bassett Town
- Gawler Heritage Collection Committee
Barossa Herald headlines
- Seppeltsfield expands to Clare Valley
- Reuben also joins baton relay
- Regional trainee support continues
SA Community History News
- Barbara Rowney: A Passion for Textiles
- Tour of Queen Adelaide Room - Adelaide Town Hall
- The Full Story: Research for Interpretation and Displays
Most popular articles
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (33,357 views)
- Year Books from Gawler High (23,304 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (20,481 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (17,575 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (16,917 views)
- How to use this wiki site (16,681 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (12,855 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (10,258 views)
- Kemp Dudley (10,107 views)
- Cinemas of Gawler (9,895 views)