Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 Even more Gawler historical images
- 3 Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
- 4 Just published. A great gift idea!
- 5 Events
- 6 Look what's on our wiki!
- 7 Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
- 8 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 9 What's new on Now & Then
- 10 Barossa Herald headlines
- 11 SA Community History News
- 12 Most popular articles
- 13 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 14 Visit other Now and Then
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Even more Gawler historical images
Join us ALSO on Flickr to view our vast collection of historical images.
Click here to view our Flickr albums.
There are many albums that are still awaiting an appropriate article to compliment the photographs within. We would love your contribution, please email any article to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us at the next meeting - see below.
Why don’t you join Gawler History Team?
We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information mailto:email@example.com
Click here to see our list of future guest speakers.
Just published. A great gift idea!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and
Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Phillips Robert Frederick (Bob)
- Rotary Village Fair 2013
- Taylor Family - Butter Factory
- Immanuel Lutheran Church
- Hemingby in King Street
- Murray Street 96-100 Essex House
- Cremations in Gawler
- Gawler East Springwood etc Development
- Gawler Design Guide 1984
- Gawler Catholic Parish
Barossa Herald headlines
SA Community History News
- Barbara Rowney: A Passion for Textiles
- Tour of Queen Adelaide Room - Adelaide Town Hall
- The Full Story: Research for Interpretation and Displays
Most popular articles
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (33,307 views)
- Year Books from Gawler High (22,874 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (20,419 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (17,509 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (16,858 views)
- How to use this wiki site (16,645 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (12,731 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (10,189 views)
- Kemp Dudley (9,986 views)
- Cinemas of Gawler (9,765 views)