Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 Share your Gawler history stories
- 3 Find and share historic images
- 4 Want to join Gawler History Team?
- 5 Look what gem we have found!
- 6 Events
- 7 Look what's on our wiki!
- 8 Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
- 9 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 10 What's new on Now & Then
- 11 Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 12 Barossa Herald headlines
- 13 SA Community History News
- 14 Most popular articles
- 15 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 16 Visit other Now and Then
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and share historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Gawler's history. Click here to view our Flickr albums. If you have your own Flickr account you can share your Gawler History photos in our Group. Gawler History Team Group
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information email@example.com
Look what gem we have found!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and
Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- William lutton
- Barklay Heather
- ANZAC Day 2016
- Pope Samuel
- Pope Anne
- Mannix Julia
- Willaston Cemetery 1866 to 2015 research
- Gawler Textile Arts Weekend 2015
- A History of Horses in Gawler
- Dawkins Grace May
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-27 Tennis, with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-03-18 Hurn signs on, by Peter Argent
- 2014-03-10 Baseball
Barossa Herald headlines
- St Hugo’s milestone moment | GALLERY
- Serious crash at Virginia
- Fairy princesses and dinosaurs: Tanunda Lutheran School makes a wish | PHOTOS
SA Community History News
- The Life and Work of CJ Dennis
- Uleybury School Museum turns 160
- One-Night-Stand with Franklin D. Vagnone, heritage house bomb thrower
Most popular articles
- About Now and Then (70,225 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (32,753 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (19,601 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (16,599 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (16,052 views)
- Year Books from Gawler High (15,816 views)
- How to use this wiki site (15,249 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (10,928 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (9,212 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (8,975 views)