Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Gawler, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Gawler. Create your account and join in today!
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 Share your Gawler history stories
- 3 Gawler History on Flickr
- 4 Want to join Gawler History Team?
- 5 Look what gem we have found!
- 6 Events
- 7 Look what's on our wiki!
- 8 Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
- 9 These businesses support us. Please support them.
- 10 What's new on Now & Then
- 11 Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 12 Barossa Herald headlines
- 13 SA Community History News
- 14 Most popular articles
- 15 .......... What's hot? .......... Don't miss new additions
- 16 Visit other Now and Then
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
Share your Gawler history stories
Your Gawler memories deserve to be etched in the history annals of wiki Gawler Now & Then. We are interested in hearing what you know about Gawler. We welcome contributions of yarns, photographs and other memorabilia. Contact Gawler History Team Inc Email:email@example.com
Gawler History on Flickr
Join us on Flickr to view our additional historic images. Click here to view our Flickr albums.
Want to join Gawler History Team?
All are welcome to join Gawler History Team Inc. We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) in the Zion Lutheran Hall, rear of 22 Cowan Street Gawler from 7:15 - 9:30pm. Please contact for more information mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see our list of future guest speakers.
Look what gem we have found!
For upcoming events visit Town of Gawler's website Calendar of events
Look what's on our wiki!
Well known Gawler photographer, Paul Barnet, has spent a large portion of the last two years taking photos of all of the beautiful houses, businesses and other heritage areas as listed in the Town of Gawler's Development Plan
Paul has so far photographed 888 of Gawler's lovely heritage homes. Click here to see them all.
Have a look at these videos below (L-R), 22 minutes of cycling 8km along North and South Para Rivers, The Song of Australia Centenary, St George's Bell Ringing and
Ralph Hatcher singing The Song of Australia accompanied by Trevor Fletcher
These businesses support us. Please support them.
What's new on Now & Then
- Willo's Men's Shed
- Clift John
- "The Bunyip" newspaper
- Policing in Gawler since 1839
- Kennedy Martin and Gail
- Australia Day Breakfast 2017
- Gawler Community Group of the Year Award
- Stephenson Dr. John A. and Anne
- Gawler Community Event of the Year Award
- Gawler Corporate Citizen of the Year Award
Gawler Sports blog for latest scores and upcoming games
- 2014-03-27 Tennis, with Patrick Reincke
- 2014-03-18 Hurn signs on, by Peter Argent
- 2014-03-10 Baseball
Barossa Herald headlines
- Scarecrows’ day out | GALLERY
- Throwback Thursday – Rewind to 2006 | GALLERY
- Royal flush: Pines toilet opening gives relief to tireless committee
SA Community History News
- Old Adelaide Treasury Tours
- Scholz Park Museum receives local Australia Day award
- Community Museum Grants Announced
Most popular articles
- About Now and Then (71,016 views)
- Development Plan - Contributory Items (32,949 views)
- Development Plan - State Heritage Places (19,876 views)
- Year Books from Gawler High (19,047 views)
- Stained Glass and Leadlight Windows in Gawler Churches (16,879 views)
- Development Plan - Local Heritage Places (16,324 views)
- How to use this wiki site (15,959 views)
- St. George’s Anglican Church (11,509 views)
- Gawler's Rivers (9,443 views)
- Rudall & Rudall (9,442 views)